Saturday, May 26, 2012

'my heart with pleasure fills and dances with the daffodils'


March in Bute Park
I'm a little backlogged with my posts. Here are a few pics from the lovely March we had here in Cardiff, with the bequiling daffodils, the national flower of Wales, covering the parks. The post title comes from the last lines of the poem by William Wordsworth, which you may or not remember from elementary school: I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud.

The yellow-gold of these bright ambassadors of spring surfaces in mid-February and lasts at least a month here. During the days of late winter they are a much-welcome gift of sunshine on the grey landscape. On days when the clouds disappear their beauty is doubled. I spent an idyllic March afternoon reading among the flowers in Bute Park.


No comments:

Post a Comment